I have a range of projects that need funding with your help. All you have to do is click on the PayPal button and donate as little or as much as you wish. If you are feeling especially generous you might consider a regular amount.
All the money that goes into the PayPal account will be used to create short films (maybe even some long films), comedy sketches, documentaries and a range of podcasts. Everything I make will be made available free online, a good deal and better value than the TV Licence I'm sure you'll agree.

Monday 19 August 2019

August newsletter - It'll be my birthday soon


It has been a while since I posted a newsletter so there's a lot of business to attend to. Although I have been busy this year I am still hitting a brick wall trying to get people to understand how crowd funding works. For this reason I am still a long way behind on the old to-do list so hopefully this newsletter will provide the nudge required.

The Random Sessions continues, I have come out of promoter's retirement to run a stage at this year's Kimberley Jam, work has began on an audio documentary, and today I watched the finished version of The Curse of the Jester which will be released very soon.

August is my birthday month, 27th to be precise, and I turn 43 this year. With this in mind, please could you consider donating £4.30 at least? Things have become a little more urgent on the donations front as I have set a target to move to Scotland in a year, two at the most, and I have unfinished business this side of the border. To make things even easier, aside from using the donation button at the top of the page, you can also follow this link.

I want to complete a short Hitchcock style thriller in Nottingham as I have already scouted a good selection of locations. Also, another short comedy that I have written, possibly a documentary about a popular Nottingham band, and a smattering of Nottingham-centric documentaries. Once I have done these, I promise to leave town, I am sure that's a good incentive for a few people!

So in summary, I need donations in order to entertain you. There's also a shit-load of ideas in my collection of notebooks that I would love to breathe life into.

In other news

I made a relaxation video which follows a family of swans on the River Lean in Nottingham. Hit this page which, once you have read it will lead to the video on YouTube. As always you can make a donation by hitting either the button at the top of this page or by going here.

I am starting to share live music from my archive, sometimes just the one song and sometimes a full set - either video or audio. Not everything will be released because I am asking permission from the artists that I have recordings of. Although these won't be the best quality because they were mainly phone recordings, I am editing these up into something rather nice. It doesn't seem right to use these videos to try and ask for money as I feel as if I am insulting the artists, so feel free to donate anyway to help me do my thing. To soothe your conscience, you could research the musicians that I feature on the channel and go and see them live, buy their music or merchandise, that sort of thing.

Like most writers, I archive everything. This includes tweets. Did you know that you can only see your most recent 3,200 tweets and not go any further back? I don't keep them all, just the really good ones in particular the funny ones. These are saved as jpegs and I will provide a disc of these to my 2000th, 3000th etc follower. A CD is also available for sale, like a greatest hits album eh? Email me with 'Tweet CD' in the subject line if you fancy revisiting jokes that were once topical (the horse-meat scandal, Jimmy Savile for example) and funny observations.

In other other news, we can generate funds in a number of ways

I have written a half hour version of A Christmas Carol suitable for public readings, condensed without losing any of the story and ideal for Christmas festivals, parties, schools and the like. This script is available for sale, email me at the below address with 'A Christmas Carol' in the subject line for more details. If you would prefer to have me read it in front of an audience along with a sequel set five years later called Finding Scrooge, then I am available, email me with 'Christmas shows' in the subject line.

Read about my typewriting service here.

As time seems to roll along so quickly, it will soon be goodbye to British summertime with the changing of the clocks. As always I will be providing a dedicated hourly service via Twitter and you can help me monetise this by reading this page.

For all of the above please email steveEoliver@gmail.com

Social media

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Like my page on Facebook

For a man and artist of my calibre, I am still woefully underfollowed on all of the above. I have no idea why but you can help me to change this by recommending me to your followers. The blue tick has no appeal to me because Twitter (in particular) threw it around to a load of nonentities so it has lost its value. 

Finally

Don't forget to make a donation, however big or small, by going here.

If you would like to sponsor The Random Sessions by way of 'read out' advertisements then get in touch.