I have a range of projects that need funding with your help. All you have to do is click on the PayPal button and donate as little or as much as you wish. If you are feeling especially generous you might consider a regular amount.
All the money that goes into the PayPal account will be used to create short films (maybe even some long films), comedy sketches, documentaries and a range of podcasts. Everything I make will be made available free online, a good deal and better value than the TV Licence I'm sure you'll agree.

Sunday 5 August 2018

August newsletter and it's my birthday!


The year rumbles on but we are no nearer to getting any serious work done due to the lack of funding which is an issue that we need to get a handle on. Hopefully we can get the coffers filled up a bit and get something sorted out for 2019. This is my birthday month, so before the 27th, we are going to have to work together to make a difference.

At the moment I am at a loss as to how people get any decent results from crowd-funding but I am sure that this blip can be sorted. 

Let us see how much we can raise before the 27th of this month, and here are some ways in which money can be raised. Don't forget that every penny goes into creating comedy sketches, films, documentaries, podcasts and more. In return for your generosity and help I will release everything online totally free of charge.

A Christmas Carol

Once again I am taking bookings for Christmas, and here is a list of Dickens related ways I can be of service. In addition to this, I am selling a printed version of my half hour reading text of A Christmas Carol which is ideal for performance in schools and festive events as well as for broadcast. I have also included slight stage directions and optional props. For details about this please email me at the address below.

The Unqualified Lectures

Another one of those ideas that came to me while taking my dog Jack for a walk. It is basically a way for me to challenge myself as a writer and public speaker. Anyone who donates using my ko-fi account chooses a subject, any random subject. I then go away and do some research on this subject and write an hour long lecture that I will perform to an audience who have paid enough to get in to cover my venue hire costs. Once I have done a few of these I will try and develop this into a one-man show to take to Edinburgh. 

Ko-fi

You can still make donations using the PayPal button at the top of this page, but I have created a ko-fi page too so you can make small payments in return for the things that I make and upload for free. I will add things to this page to hopefully encourage more regular donations. My ko-fi page is here.

Twitter

I would really like to change my Twitter bio and especially remove the word 'underfollowed'. Someone in my position should be in the tens of thousands at least and there are a lot of people missing out on the fact that I am a fine example of a Twitter user, mixing jokes, observations and a smattering of plugs for my work interspersed with the occasional photo of my pets. As another birthday present from you to me, if you follow me on Twitter then get recommending me and hopefully I will finally get to make edits to my bio.



Thank you in advance for reading and sharing this newsletter.

S

PS - The Random Sessions series is still going, so is The Sunday Alternative podcast. I am also making a documentary, working on a screenplay with Nottingham musician Ian Brough, and working on the next instalment of The Curse of The Jester. Surely worth the price of a drink?